Use the power of the Watson Developer Cloud to build creative new Cognitive apps & win!
Welcome to the Watson Developer Challenge!
We are looking for the next generation of cognitive apps that leverage the power of the Watson Developer Cloud from January 4th through February 12th. Up to four winning team member will win VR Bundles: Samsung Gear VR + Galaxy S6. In order to qualify, teams must use a combination of two or more Watson APIs to build an original hack that our panel of judges finds new and innovative.*
Here's how to get started:
1. Register for this competition using the "Register for this hackathon" button at the top right of this page
2. Register for a FREE IBM Bluemix Account - it's the platform used to access the Watson Developer Cloud (don't worry, you can still use Watson APIs on other platforms should you choose after signing up)
3. Read more about the Watson Developer Cloud services that are available here
4. Check out the tools, documentation, demos, libraries and other miscellanea on our github
5. Use Slack to get help from the core Watson team. Sign up and get your free, instant invite and join channel #WatsonDevChallenge
6. Get inspiration from our App Gallery of apps buit with Watson
Make sure you register ASAP and submit before Midnight PST on Friday February 12th. Judging will take place the following week and winners will be announced at IBM's Interconnect Conference in Las Vegas from Feb 21 - 25.
Full Judging Criteria are listed at the bottom of this page.
*please note that these criteria are completely subjective, arbitrary and subject to the whims and fancies of the judging panel
IBM employees and others may be disqualified from winning. Submissions must be in English, completely original and have no potential legal or intellectual property issues. Prize distribution limited to countries where reliable shipping from the United States of America is available. From the winning team a maximum of four prizes will be distributed, one per team member up to four.
Watson Developer Relations Team
25% Watson Usage
Submissions must use two or more Watson APIs from the Watson Developer Cloud in order to qualify.
25% - Execution
Submissions should be working hacks. Ideas are great, but we want to see how you use and combine Watson APIs, so please be prepared to 'show your work.'
25% - Originality
Submissions must be wholly original to the contest in order to qualify. Meaning don't recycle other projects and tack on Watson APIs.
25% - Creativity
We are looking for interesting, new, original, innovative and/or cool uses of and specifically interactions between the Watson services.
Bonus consideration will be given to submissions which use additional Watson APIs in an interesting way beyond the minimum two required.